Saturday, February 13, 2010

SuperBowl 2010--The Who just aren't who they used to be

I don't know what anybody else thought of the halftime show during the Superbowl, but I thought The Who kind of stunk it up.

Roger Daltrey, the lead singer, sounded like he was trying to sing after just getting done running a marathon. He sounded out of breath and I felt like he was yelling the lyrics. It wasn't singing...it was like shouting with style.

Pete Townsend, the lead guitarist and back up vocalist just needs to give the singing up. If he was trying out for American Idol, he probably would have gotten one of these comments from Simon Cowell, "You might possibly be the worst singer I have ever heard." He was out of tune and very flat. His guitar playing wasn't all that impressive either. He still has the arm spin in their, but he should probably make sure he is hitting the right chords when doing it....maybe his sight is bad because he is so old.

Honestly, the best player out of the whole band might have been their drummer who looked like he could have been their grandchild.

I guess I thought they could have picked someone a little more up-to-date for the halftime show. I mean, The Whoo have only came out with one new album in the past 25 years.....and they just aren't WHO they used to be anymore.

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to silent treatment you for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that the drummer was Ringo's kid?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm....of course I don't TOTALLY agree (after all, I"m afraid I must look a bit like Pete Townsend) - I think most of the people who knew THE WHO when THE WHO was really THE WHO kinda filled in the soundtrack they grew up hearing instead of what the group was actually playing and singing in the SB. Ease up on those poor old dudes, you punky young guitarist, you.

    BUT having said that - someone could make a lot of money (if only I were ambitious) doing a big, sarcastic remake of Horton Hears a Who, changing it to Horton Hears The WHO - and he stomps out that speck in NO time!

    ReplyDelete