Monday, February 8, 2010

Simon Cowell is leaving American Idol to possibly be replaced with Howard Stern

Most of us are familiar with the foul mouthed Howard Stern from his program on satellite radio...and the rumor is that he will be taking Simon Cowells spot on American Idol. Ha...this could be interesting....

If you think about it, Stern would probably be a good replacement for the Cowell considering he could probably be just as straight forward and rude as Cowell. He even think so himself by this comment, "If I do say so myself, I can't imagine anyone else but me replacing [Cowell]," Stern said. "I mean, how else are they going to make that show work? Who knows how to broadcast and who knows how to be interesting? And who's not afraid to speak their mind?"

Stern actually makes jokes about American Idol on his satellite radio program a lot, but he states, "A $100 million to judge a karaoke contest? Yeah, I think I would do that show for $100 million. It would be the best thing that happened to me. What a cush job: $100 million for four months. Who wouldn't take that?"

They have to match his already well off salary thought for him to even consider it. "They'd have to pay me a ton of dough, because I already make a ton of dough," he said. His contract right now with satellite radio is $500 million for five years, which is a reasonable amount of doe!

I don't what will be better though....I might miss Cowell and his comments such as, "You might possibly be the worst singer I've ever heard," up againsts Sterns that would consist of 'Hey Fantasia, you're not getting little boys hard. You look like you stepped out of a cartoon. ... They want a Britney Spears or a Rihanna. Little boys are scared that you are going to sit on them. You're out. ... You've got to go clean up your act. Get a haircut like Rihanna if you want little boys [to get excited about] you," (which was actually stated by Stern).

Could make for an interesting change if you ask me! Check out this article for more in depth information on this! http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1631483/20100208/story.jhtml

2 comments:

  1. Well, this would certainly help me maintain my status as an American Idol non-viewer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He would be great, but the public would get over it quickly. It would be like moving Jay Leno to ten o'clock.

    ReplyDelete